Tuesday 5 November 2013

The Daylight Saving/Naramata Bench Blues: Sunday, November 3rd


The butterfly flitting from flower to flower ever remains mine, I lose the one that is netted by me. -Rabindranath Tagore, philosopher, author, songwriter, painter, educator, composer, Nobel laureate (1861-1941) 


Hello Pat,


I have just been reading a couple of your wonderful travel emails from weeks ago!  Somehow, I miss seeing your messages exactly when they arrive - they get buried in one mail folder or another, a mystery to me.  Anyway, it was great to read about your traipsing around Land's End (which will seem like ages ago to you), and more recently, your canal travel.  It all sounds so great.  Every time I read one of your posts I think that a travel book (or blog) would be happily read by many - you have a great way with words and good stories to tell.

Are you and Cora Lee back in Vancouver now?  We should go for a ride together, and maybe get the non-riders involved in a dinner party.



If you are not in town, you may not know that today (Sunday) is a spectacularly sunny and cold day.  Lovely after torrential wind and rain yesterday.  I am going to ride out to Maple Ridge (Dermot's mom lives there), and meet up with Dermot and mom-in-law for lunch.  Then will ride to Burnaby to make dinner for my folks.  Great day for a ride, and great opportunity to wear off the delicious brownies that I ate too many of last night.



In light Ryder Hyjdal's recent EPO confession, I have decided that the true heroes of the Tour de France are the fellows bestowed with the distinction of being "La Lanterne Rouge" - the light on the caboose!  They accomplish the same 3 weeks of gruelling mountain climbing but clearly don't take the drugs!



Cheers. Sara


Up at 9:30 am before adjusting for DST! Made java and immediately started to argue with Ricardo about cell phones.

Hi Patrizio!

Here is a picture of the Wpg. reunion dinner…  finally…. recently sent to me by Linda Challes ..Hope you made it back from Europe in one piece! Cheers! JW

No comments:

Post a Comment