Friday 15 November 2013

Last Weekend Before Blast Off Blues: Friday, November 15th

Poetry is the art of creating imaginary gardens with real toads. -Marianne Moore, poet (1887-1972) 


Hi Simon!

Trust you are well. We have been back in Vancouver for almost a month now, since October 19th, but almost immediately were volunteering at the Vancouver Writers Festival. That went exceedingly well and now, this coming Monday, November 18th, I I'm off to drive to LA to house/cat sit for a cousin in Simi Valley, north of LA. Cora Lee will fly down as she has too, too many important volunteer meetings, (having been away for three months!), to take time to drive. Will celebrate American Thanksgiving there with our eldest daughter and our grandsons. Both of us will be back on December 3rd.


At any rate, a few days after we arrived home, I had arranged to have a pedicure and a woman sitting next to me overheard me describing my stay in Languedoc. One thing lead to another and she mentioned that she would be keen to rent Beau Soleil. I said I would contact you and pass along her request. I certainly don't pretend to know her but she seems like the sort of individual you would probably rent your home to. At any rate, her name is Peggie Merlin and her email address is:

me@peggiemerlin.com

Since she lives, literally next door, in a building next to ours here, opposite Granville Island, I'd be happy to host a meeting, should you deem that necessary.
 

Appears as if our stay in Neffiès has generated a reasonable bit of interest as Tina Tassell has asked about car rentals in Béziers. Anyway, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!  

Hi Gail and Jack!

I gather you are in Florida at the moment.
Trust you are both well. Please pass along best wishes to Nora and Laury when you see them over Thanksgiving in Orlando.Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Hello Gayle and Derek and Lazy Boy Spudnik!

Trust everyone is well. I'm still trying to catch up with my email backlog and, like you, Derek, I have completely lost track of time. Not sure if I have sent you some of this message already so if this is the case, I do apologize! 
 

We are both back from Tinsel Town on December 3rd. Any plans to visit before Christmas, like you did before? Be great to see you both again but I know all about stretching oneself thin, financially and otherwise! We are in Parksville for two weeks, January 10th to 25th, house/cat sitting for The Millionaires, so you are more than welcome to visit/stay then! Lots of bridge and wine and walks along the seachore. Expert whale watchers that you are you can take us out! Clara/Dusty will be along as well, at least for part of time. Fondestos and Cheers to one and all, Patrizzio! 

Pic:
Polar Bear swim at Little Shuswap. Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Hi Bob!

Trust you and Katherine are well, especially being the parents of a teenager! I'm still trying to catch up with my email backlog and have completely lost track of time. We arrived back in Vancouver on October 19th. Scads to do to catch up after being away for so long, as I'm sure you can well appreciate.

Sunday of the Remembrance Day weekend
Andre, (Did you connect?), and Rhonda, friend, came fro dinner. Any plans for an ILL Christmas Party? If so, perhaps I'll crash it. I'll bring some hootch in a brown paper bag. Need to tarnish my already tarnished rep! Cheers to one and all, Patrizzio!  


Hi June! Trust you are well. Sorry we couldn't connect in London. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Hi Peggie!

Trust you are well! I'm still trying to catch up with my email backlog and have completely lost track of time. Did send a message to owner of place I rented in Languedoc so as soon as I hear from him I'll be in touch. Life on the Road! Cheers, Patrizzio!

 
Paul is now in recovery in the Pattison Pavilion, being kept asleep overnight. The initial verbal report is that two valves were repaired and some clotting was removed, with some complication because of bleeding.  A great relief to all of us and best to Paul and Joan. sent by Lynn Copeland on behalf of Paul and Joan) 


Stats for today's ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/404893885#.UoengDn1IUU.email

Hi Flamin'!

Just a quick thank you lovely evening downstairs with at least part of Clan Sutherland last night. [For those of you not lucky enough to have been there: Sarge was at a regimental RCMP dinner, Marvin had the flu, Avery had a cold and Cory was working but most important sibling, Prince Valiant (!), and Megan were down from Merritt.] Bit of a welcome party for Corinna, their Swiss boarder of a year or so ago, a connection from our various Swiss boarders as you might well guess! Had a pleasant, if brief visit with her, (She just wanted to come back to Vancouver as she found her stay here so enjoyable.), before she had to say goodnight, jet-lag finally overcoming her. Also had a chance to have a fairly long conversation with Nicole about her work with the Squamish Band in North Vancouver. Very, very difficult situations with respect to children and young adults in her custody/under her guardianship as Child Protection Officer. Pretty horrendous instances of child abuse.
 

Have nothing but great respect for her and the exceedingly tough job which she discharges with such care, competence and compassion. The Band, and indeed all of us, are fortunate to have such individuals willing and able to intervene in these horribly toxic domestic situations. This is not to say that such abuse is limited to indigenous peoples. Of course it is not but unfortunately the historical cycle of alcoholism, residential school abuse, poverty, lack of educational/employment opportunities, and the like, have shackled this demographic with more of these almost unthinkable monstrosities.

Taking advantage of my lack of experience, I was soundly drubbed at Wizard and mocked as well! Had to drown my sorrows with some of your tasty Bunnahabhain Sarge! Thanks. Sorry San Bernardo didn't stay as he's have liked it! Thanks again, Flamin' for scrumptious dinner. I'll be down shortly for overlefts of the incredible cake! Thanks as well to all the mean card sharks for trampling on my already low self-esteem. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Hello Patrick!

So delighted to hear from you! Haven't had catchup with Ayn in awhile but perhaps this will be a good opportunity to do so.Yes, please let me know brunch details, where and when...would love to join if I can clear my calendar for the dates you suggested. Please say hello to all!~Henie
 

Hi Patrick 
How nice to hear from you, and how kind of you to pass on your holiday experience at Beau Soleil - after you left, we replaced all the shutters going out on to the back deck.  I will happily send on some info to Peggie. Enjoy LA Best Simon



Hello again Patrizio!

I still have not read the whole email you sent to me..  so figured I would just send you one back now..  Great detail and so anyone reading it would get the whole experience of your trip..  nice work …  but a person would need hours to get the full benefit..  will keep at it a little at a time..!!  Sounded wonderful though!!



 

Liked the pictures of Michele and Sarge with that other couple..and all the great food! Yum!

Bob and Merna are off on a trip to the Florida area,  first to Disneyworld with the kids and then on their own for a rental car trip around the area..  they had no particular place in mind..  just driving around…  as sightseers…

Bob is in good health again,,  he survived his prostate operation well and seems in good spirits too. Merna does a lot of organizing trip wise and Bob follows the bouncing ball.  They get along well that way..!! He drives and she navigates..

Retirement is fun although because I am home,  I get to meet the contractors etc. when we require jobs to be done around our bldg. Always have time after to meet friends for libations and dinner, or go to dance classes.. 

Hope you’re back in the groove from your long trip and are healthy!! 

P.S. PLo is babysitting for her final week at her daughter’s place in Twatson. (my spelling) She has been there 3 weeks in a row and is tired now…4 kids can drain a person…!!  She mentioned bumping into you at the condo.

Please say hello to Cora Lee for me! Later gater! JWo


Good to hear from you.  Yes, in FL. Jack is painting boat bottoms.  I am dying from a cold. 
Condo was in good order.  Trying not to get too busy right off. 

Trip south sounds like fun.  Good to have a buddy.  Keep you driving straight.

Hope all of you do American Thanksgiving up right.  I really like the timing of yours.  It seems you really start chasing your tail b/4 our Thanksgiving and don't stop until after New Years.  Exhausting! Bye for now, Gail 


Hi Patrick,



The service on your Madone is complete.  The total after tax is $65.09.  The mechanics notes are below. Replaced damaged b-axle asembly on rear derailleur.  Adjusted rear derailleur.  Test ridden - rides well. Thanks, Dan
  
P,


Executive summary: my day is not my own until about 2PM. I could ride then until 4PM if the weather is permitting. Dont wait to ride with me if the weather remains rain free as it is now.It is forecast to worsen - wetten. 


I need to do errands including getting the car through Airscare which is a pain for anyone but a complete farce for a diesel vehicle.They dont even test it but you have to go there anyway?


Lost both our matches at your favourite club - VLT. I righteously blame our losses on the facilities and all the club members and one in tarpicular. We drowned our sorrows in beer -- Innis and Gunn on tap for $100.per  jug served by the surly butler type... -- Gladly put it onto Hungie's tab. In spite of our stupor,I balanced forty fresh towels on the back of the bike on the way home. We should have bike cleaning rags for a while... Aren't you glad you are outa the game?


The big shocker was the pit bull (of lion tamer partner) showed up and she must weigh about as much as Tia. She looks great but almost unrecognizable. I have to say of all your brilliant tags from the naming disorder lexicon, The Pit Bull and the Lion Tamer  has to e one of my all time favourites. W

Hi Michaelo and Marilyn!

Grand to chat this afternoon, Digitale!

Executuve Summary:

Leave The Islay Inn, I hope, no later that 10:00 am, Monday, November 18th to arrive in Portlandia/Cornelius Pass sometime between 5:00 pm-6:00 pm, traffic allowing. Will be accompanied by Admiral Barnacle, co-pilot and serious consumer of beer and malt! Trust this is sufficient information. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment