Tuesday 19 November 2013

Last Minute Packing/NRBC Blues: Sunday, November 17th


Little girls are cute and small only to adults. To one another they are not cute. They are life-sized. -Margaret Atwood, novelist and poet (b. 1939)


Language is the archives of history. -Ralph Waldo Emerson, writer and philosopher (1803-1882) 

Up at 5:30 am to feed The Maggster and finish Blood's a Rover! 

Hello everyone, I'm conscious and they let me have my BlackBerry on Sunday morning.
I'm cleared to be released back to the Cardio Ward which is good news as this means the "rehab" commences and my date for getting home draws closer (5 days?). The issue now is bed availability in the Ward, meaning there isn't one available yet. Hopefully soon!

Thanks for all your best wishes and I'll do my best to respond to emails today and tomorrow.--
Paul


Hi Patrick,
How are You? I apologize for not replying back sooner to you about whether I'm around in Healdsburg on the 2oth. Unfortunately, I am not. I'm actually in LA for a court hearing regarding my divorce (ugh!..not fun). I may or may not still be around in Pasadena hanging with Beatrice for the weekend. If that's the case I may be coming on Sunday to Simi Valley to see all of you.
It's always great to read all about  your travels. Thanks and keep em coming.
Hope to see all of you next weekend or soon after. Cheers, Patricia

“’Maraming Salamat’ for Showing us All How to Live,” Cooper Thanked the Filipinos


MANILA, Philippines – A few days after withstanding what is said to be one of the strongest typhoon ever recorded, survivors showed the true Filipino heart and spirit. CNN broadcast journalist Anderson Cooper became witness to all of these, after a few days of staying in Tacloban.
On his CNN show, Anderson Cooper 360° on Saturday morning, he thanked the Philippines and the Filipino people for “showing the world how to live.”

When everything else is taken away, broken and battered, soaked raw, stripped bare, you see things. You see people as they really are. This week in Tacloban, Samar and Cebu, amidst the hunger and thirst, the chaos and confusion, we’ve seen the best in the Filipino people. Their strength, their courage, I can’t get it out of my mind. Imagine the strength it takes for a mother to search alone for her missing kids, the strength to sleep; on the street near the body of your child.
We’ve seen people with every reason to despair, every right to be angry, instead find ways to laugh, and to love, to stand up, to move forward. A storm breaks wood and bone, brings hurt and heartbreak. In the end, the wind, the water, the horror it brings is not the end of the story. With aid and assistance, compassion and care, this place, these people…they will make it through. They already survived the worst. They’re bowed, perhaps tired and traumatized, but they are not broken. Mabuhay Philippines! Maraming salamat for all you’ve shown us. Maraming salamat for showing us all how to live.

Minutes later after his live broadcast, Cooper was praised by internet users in different social networking sites.










No comments:

Post a Comment