Friday 22 November 2013

Fawn Valley Court Simi Valley Blues: Friday, November 22nd

There is not such a cradle of democracy upon the earth as the Free Public Library, this republic of letters, where neither rank, office, nor wealth receives the slightest consideration. -Andrew Carnegie, industrialist (1835-1919)


hey D you need to call me!!
Chloe Alexis Dunn posted on your Timeline
"i need an uncancelled credit card my "buy a case or two" Daddio!!"
  • Patrick James Dunn Have you got the Cancelled Visa Card Blues too?
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn i do i do!!
  • Patrick James Dunn I need to call Visa first! Will call and let you know as soon as I know!
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn ok Bad Poppa!!!
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn are you at Ayn's?
  • Patrick James Dunn No, in Simi Valley. Looks like I can't do anything until I get card and activate it. Do you want me to transfer money to your account?
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn No it's ok that seems like a lot of trouble. Thanks though.
  • Patrick James Dunn Whatever works. I can give you the details once I have the card. If all works the way it should, I'll have it in my hot little hands on American Thanksgiving, Thursday, November 28th, after Los Horridos pick up their Nana at LAX and chauffeur her to Simi Valley. Rae and I are off, shortly, to their storage locker to pick up some chairs and a table needed for large dinner we have planned. Very, very windy here but blue, blue skies so hope to go for a ride once we are back and have set up furniture. Cheers!


Hi Beatricce!

Trust you are well! Sorry that it has taken me so long to reply to your last message. The address is same one in Simi Valley as last New Year's Day. Of course we'd love to see you but please don't feel that you have to come, given the other social pressures you are facing. I understand completely, having just undergone probably much the same once we were back in Vancouver. One can become pretty "stretched" at times. The whole point is to have fun and relax so if the drive/visit is going to make life even more difficult, don't worry. Sorry that we'll miss Patricia but that is simply the way that busy schedules sometimes unfold.

Please don't misunderstand me. Be great if we can get together but I really don't want you to feel any pressure. However, if a visit, however brief, still works, let me know what time is best for you and we'll tailor meal, etc., to suit your schedule. Not sure about Pierre and Alex/Samantha, at this point, but Ayn and I will be just be visiting so anytime is fine with us. In a similar vein had invited Lauren, friend from London, now working in Simi Valley, to join us this Sunday but after accepting invitation she discovered that it is the birthday of her boyfriend's son so she had to cancel. Since she lives but ten blocks or so from where I'm staying, it really isn't such a big deal as it is far easier to get together. Obviously, not quite the same drive as one from Pasadena!



Fondestos to you and Patrizzia. Please wish her a safe flight home tomorrow. Again, let me know what you think and we'll plan accordingly. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Some snaps from Sonoma when I stopped at Soda Rock in Alexander Valley this past Wednesday.


Hi Party Goil!

Hope your date went well. You missed another of Rae's truly delicious dinners and a simply wonderful concert. Will tell you all about it when we meet. I have invited Lauren and her boyfriend for dinner on Saturday evening. They will be arriving after 7:00 pm. Were you planning on staying overnight here, coming for dinner as well, etc? What about the Lost Burritos? I'm quite happy to pick up something for dinner unless you already have something in mind. What about Sunday's meal? Need to know about number of mouths to feed.

Weather permitting, I'm planning to cycle into your neighbourhood to have a haircut, south of the border, so to speak. I'm hoping to leave here between 8:00 am-9:00 am. Will you be around sometime around noon? If so, perhaps we could do a bit of shopping at Trader Joe's. If not, I'll probably go to Costco here when back from ride.

Rick and I took my car to their storage locker and brought back a table and six chairs for the Thanksgiving dinner table. Rae did not arrange things so I'll have to ask her how she wants table set before they leave in the morning. Taxi is to arrive at 6:00 am so I'll be up to say goodbye. Goodnight for now. Love, Dad! 


7pm Friday Nov 21

It now appears certain that I will be going home Saturday morning. The doctor is finalizing my "book" which will lay out my next few weeks in terms of meds, tests etc. I've been warned that it will take a while for my heart to be fully functional. Moving forward I need to find the right balance between being active while avoiding overexertion. No limitations on shopping (as long as I have someone to carry the purchases), catching up on movies, attending christmas parties, etc....

Today's highlight was the ECG technician complementing my surgery scar as being wonderful. Subsequent visitors have accused me of being gullible for taking this at face value but I think she was sincere in her observation. As we cross paths in the weeks and months ahead I look forward to getting your opinions.

My sister Susan arrived late afternoon today and will be on hand to help with my re-location tomorrow. She wanted me to correct an impression I gave in a previous posting that she chose to give up attending outdoor Grey Cup parties at 35 degrees below to be at my side. She pointed out that the party she would have been at tonight was in the ballroom of the grand old Hotel Saskatchewan. She observed "The last time I looked it had a roof". I explained that it just seemed a better image for my west coast friends to contemplate prairie revelers ignoring temps which would fell most of us in no time. Her forgoing a party in a grand ballroom of the historic hotel to come to VGH to visit me is in fact a greater sacrifice.

Barring something unforeseen this will be the last email update from me. Tomorrow I will have my laptop and WiFi and will start in on checking out the links folks have been sending to cheer me up. Best wishes.....Paul


Both days works for me too. Looking forward to see you all. Cheers, Moe

Stats for today's ride: 

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/407457407#.Uo_kifGLEL8.email 

No comments:

Post a Comment