Thursday 28 November 2013

Pocahontas Pilgrim Blues: Thursday, November 28th

No bird soars too high if he soars with his own wings. -William Blake, poet, engraver, and painter (1757-1827) 


Hi Cactus/Floridian!

Thanks for more wonderful hospitality! Much appreciated.

Cora Lee arrived safely, collected at LAX by The Lost Burritos. Pierre is sleeping, Alejandro watching basketball, Corinne reading by the pool and the Drill Sarge is fussing because, against her better judgement, she has given me a two hour pass to go for a ride, as most of my scullionage has been discharged. Happy Thanksgiving. Will read your grace when all 20 of us sit down to our feast. See you soon! Cheers, Rizzzzzzzzzzzzoooooo!

Pics: Preparation Centrale! Felines helping to set table!


If you get this...please take all cream cheese out of the fridge to soften! Thanks! See you in awhile.

Time to start cooking for 20!! Woo hoo! Patrick Dunn is my sous chef today!
  • Patrick James Dunn Time to start drinking for 300! 300 km, that is, over last three days! Coffaro will be on the wine list! Happy Thanksgiving to all my American relatives and friends!
  • Ayn P On my way

  • Patrick James Dunn Oops! Too much hootch already! Meant to say "Coffaro will be on the wine list as well!" Time to start scullioning before the Drill Chef breezes into town and starts barking out orders. Must away as I've to start on the "300" I know she will be handing out shortly, in addition to the toothbrush to scrub out all the pots and pans she will be using, a la "Use Every Utensil in the Kitchen, and Pile Them in the Sink" Cora Lee! Canadian Thanksgiving in Chabeuil this past October. Table setting by Corinne Martha Stewart Durston, wine by Patrizzio
Do not hesitate to call Bruce directly: 604-760-0160, many private liquor outlets and restaurants carry our wines but you can purchase them directly from us at a "friends and family" discount ! Cases and half cases lots make your shopping easy!

Ginette Bertrand

www.xwine.ca

facebook: Intersection Estate Winery
  • Takagaki Toshiko Wow! Sounds great!!
    I wish I were there.
    Happy Thanksgiving!
  • Ayn P I need the potatoes peeled and chopped along with two minced onions. See you soon
  • Patrick James Dunn Hi Toshi! Would be absolutely perfect if you could join us! When are you moving to San Diego? You could celebrate with us next year! Pierre and Alex will be over twelve feet by then!!! Hello and fond regards to your Mother and rest of your lovely family and friends.
    Patrick James Dunn's photo.
  • Patrick James Dunn I told you that you could bark out orders all the way from Valley Glen! Chandler is not impressed!
  • Ayn P And I told you that Toshi is not moving to SD...what a lug nut
  • Mike Freeman Just don't be gettin all Sally n whatnot today!

    Ayn P Don't worry Duhlink xoxo...did you see my boys up above??
  • Rae Tanner Salivating over here at Delta gate 21! Message me of you can't find anything...Baster is in drawer next to fridge. Aloha cousin!
Forget the spuds, we felines want turkey and ham and we want it now!!!
Hi Pat, Corinne,


sorry to bother you, as I know you are on your holiday, and please feel free to respond after you've returned from your vacation. I just wanted to ask for some advice and help in getting a head start on my librarian studies which commence in January 2014. 



Generally, anything I would be wise to start reading up on or trying to learn now? Like what kind of software/programs are used on a day-to-day basis by librarians? What are the daily tasks? What does it entail to be a librarian nowadays as far as the daily work?



Also, more importantly, do you know of any work or volunteer possibilities at any Vancouver/Richmond libraries where I could start cutting my teeth on working? Anybody I could get in touch with?



Finally, any general advice going forward as far as school and my career in the field? What do you guys think is the future of the profession given recent technological advancements?



Thank you again, any help is appreciated. Hopefully you're having a great time and see you soon.Take care, VL


Chandler and Joey helping to set table!
Happy Birthday!
thank- you for your email, as always you are leading a busy and interesting life!
Ron and I are presently on a bus from Letterkenny, Ireland, heading south to Dublin.


In Letterkenny, we visited a doctor friend that Ron worked with in Lesotho, 28 yrs ago.  he is still working like a mad man, 8:30ish to 9 pm ish, crazy!   His wife is great, a devout Catholic. They have 6 kids who range between 21 - 31 yrs old. We borrowed their car  Erragan Mt, but it was too mucky. We then went to visit a castle nearby and walked the 4 km to the castle and hiked the surrounding hills. 


Where are my folks?
We have one more day in Dublin and we will run, shop, and have dinner with Sam and his girlfriend, Kayla, and then we head home on Sat Nov 30th.

Sam and Kayla are 2nd yr medicine and working all the time.  We wanted to visit them to check out their life.  We stayed downtown Dublin and thoroughly enjoyed our stay.  As always our trip was too short, 8 days, but what can I say, ron said he couldn't take more time off work, not true! C'est la vie!

I am planning to be in Van in late February, are you around?  I would love to go on a bike ride. Say hi to Corrine ! Love Rhoda


Takagaki Toshiko Hi, Patrick! Great hear your humorous talk!! I miss that a lot! I'm not going to move San Diego anymore, but who knows that I might join you guys next year!! I'd love to see you all, big Pierre and Alex as well. Will you be in North America next July? My mom says hello to you(^^)
  • Christina Tassell Where will you all sit?
  • Ayn P My cousin's table was able to fit everyone!
    I just talked it over with Nancy. She has her art class then, and it's my normal swim time (i.e., many seals will be awaiting fish tossed their way from my hands).  Since the show IS in town til Jan. 20, why don't you take it in by yourself and we'll go over on our own sometime when it works for us.  That way you won't be impeded by my turtle's pace viewing a museum show....
Hello Cactooosian and Donna Florida!
While I am devastated not to have your turtle company at the Hockney exhibition I understand that you other commitments are far more important than spending time with your favourite Canadian visitor. Not to worry, I will note this in my little black book and keep it ready when the time is ripe for revenge! I think you might need to revisit your travel plans for north of the 49th parallel!

No big deal, of course. I'll make my way to the de Young unaccompanied and un-aided by local knowledge but who cares if I make a wrong turn while Naughty Nancy is daubing canvas and Cactoosian is feeding the slippery seals!


I am stopping at Macy's at 9:05 am to take advantage of a sale and then blasting north to the inhospitality of Villa Vicente. At least Boris and Natasha are more than welcoming, sharing the same sort of rejection, I am sure, I have been subjected to.
Alejandro came by for dinner and just left for work, Buffalo Wild Wings Sports Bar, beautiful downtown Burbank, waiting on tables, raking in the tips, and Xavierino is about to arrive for nosh before he has to leave for Sound, his regular security gig. All is well although my heart is heavy. Northern Californians are so superficial. You think that they are friends and then they stab you in the back, chortling as they walk away! E Tu Brute? Nonetheless, Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio, Wounded Knee/Heart Dunn!

Pics: Our Thanksgiving!


Dear Patrick,

It's a couple of weeks since you became a member of jacquielawson.com and we thought we'd write to make sure that you're getting the most out of your membership. Even if you've already sent loads of cards, you may find a useful tip in the following paragraphs, so please read on!

In this email:






Sending a card


1) The first thing to do is to log on. If your name is shown in the top right-hand corner of the page, then you're already logged on!

2) Start by selecting the card you'd like to send. You'll find shortcuts to all our most recent and most popular cards on our home page, as well as links to the category pages (e.g. Happy Birthday).

3) To have a look at a card before sending it, just click "Preview this card". Notice that when you preview a card, it opens up in a new browser "tab" or "window".

4) When you've finished the preview, click "Send this card" right at the bottom of the preview page: this will show a new page where you can enter the name and email address of the recipient, and the message you'd like to have written on the card.

(If you don't need to preview a card, you can also click the "Send this card" link on any of the category pages.)

Or if you'd like to continue looking for a card, click "Choose another card" and you'll return to where you were.

5) When you're ready to send the card, just click the "Send Card" button at the bottom of the page, underneath the box where you entered your message.

 
Stats for today's ride:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/412304887#.Up_N04qLqCo.email



No comments:

Post a Comment