Tuesday 30 July 2013

Sherford Malt Scoop and Blackwater Blues: Tuesday, July 30th

Don't judge men's wealth or godliness by their Sunday appearance. -Benjamin Franklin, statesman, author, and inventor (1706-1790)



Up at 7:30am to let Sleeping Beauty slumber on. Downstairs for my usual java and worked away on the diaries until 9:00ish when Cora Lee joined me to finish reading her paper. I'll start to load most of our baggage before breakfast, (Cora Lee's srcumptious Omelletos, Authentic Cheddar with Wild Garlic & Herbs!), and then a quick shower. Finished loading car, into Kingsbridge, Michael Stopher, towards Plymouth, Blackwater to arrive at Sydney House to insist ourselves on Gayle and Derek and Spud!

 Hi Prince Valiant!

Glad to see that you are hard at work while many of family are stumbling around George Street!

Arrived here, in Blackwater, just outside Truro, around 5:00pm. Gayle and Derek, who will be staying at the Islay Inn, are here until August 5th so we'll have a chance to get to know house and environs with them around for next few days.

Looking forward to cycling tomorrow, my first ride since we left Bath last Saturday. Day before I rode to Bristol on a terrific bike path, a former rail bed. Fond regards to you and Megan from Cora Lee. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Dear Patrizio I do hope you and your lovely wife are enjoying York and haven't been swept away by flash floods! So sorry but I have lost the piece of paper with your contact details in Truro. Could you let me have the phone number and address please sweetie pie.

Mike and I have booked a train on Thursday 22nd August which arrives in Truro at 2.00pm.  In case you had a houseful, we have also booked the Alverton hotel in Truro for 4 nights, returning Monday 26th August.  It's in Tregolls Road, Truro TR1 1ZQ but as I didn't have your address, I can't look up how far it is from your cottage.

Not sure if Lisa will make it down as she is in Majorca until this Thursday and in the middle of buying a flat in Kilburn which was going through when she left last week.  We have exchanged on her flat and hope to complete on this by 16th August.

Do hope you will have a safe trip from York to Cornwall and look forward to seeing you on 22nd.  BTW I have asked a few people over for the 31st August so don't booze too much on the 30th! Love Penelope xx

  • Chloe Alexis Dunn Glad to know your alive!!! you don't respond to email but update where you are....bad Nana!!!
  • Patrick James Dunn Been without connectivity, Bad Driver!!!

    Al's draft of desk for Chloƫ's Loft!
  • Patrick James Dunn Tell Krissy to send money or I'll show pitcher gulping pictures to her parents! They believe she's an angel!
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn Oh they know what she's like!

  • Patrick James Dunn Don't you have that right! When I showed Gayle the snaps she said: "There's my 33 year old acting like she's 18! Snap is of countryside between Bath and Bristol. Taken when I rode between both cities on a bike path which was a former rail line. Love from Cornwall!





No comments:

Post a Comment