Tuesday 9 July 2013

Pre-Departure Blues: Tuesday, July 9th

Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough. -Franklin D. Roosevelt, 32nd US President (1882-1945) 

Hi Kids!

Here are some of the snaps from last Tuesday's brunch. Cheers, Patrizzio!

Four-flush:


MEANING:

verb intr.: To bluff or act in a fraudulent manner.


ETYMOLOGY:

In a game of poker, a full flush is five cards of the same suit. A four-flush, only four cards of the same suit, is almost worthless. A player pretending to have a full flush while holding only a four-flush, is said to be four-flushing. Earliest documented use: 1896. 

Hi Donna Maria and Herardo!

Just a very brief note to thank you both for being so kind and helpful! With friends like you I don't really need any other friends!!!

Wonderful to see you both, if only too, too briefly. Take care of each other and we'll look forward to a bit more time together in Ottobre! Fond Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!

Pics: Suit I had made in Hong Kong. Wear it on hits! Saturday's brunch. Cora Lee with Kristine, boarder until end of July. Sad Maggster, pushy tenant and overpriced trades people!


Mags wouldn't like him!! She is very particular!!! Right now she is lying under my coffee table very depressed!!!



Mom if you do come by tomorrow don't open the windows wide unless you watch her she had been trying to jump out!! xx
Hi Patrice,
No worries on the non call, I figured you would be pretty hair straight back these last few days. I look forward to catching up on your adventures! have a safe trip and we’ll talk to you guys soon.

I will be at the HB Terrace at 7:30. 

I'm out of bed anyway - should be able to make it. Ray          Hi Rooster Men!

See you with pajamas on rather than high fashion by The Sisterhood! Cheers, Il Conduttore! 

Up and Over; R/W, 51.3 K over 2:22:07, AVG 21.7 KPH, MAX 55.8 KPH, Errand: 13.3 K, over 42;49, AVG 18.7 KPH, MAX 49.2 KPH


Hey Patrizio! Thanks for the newsy email and the pics along with it..! I guess there will be no visiting before you take off on yet another trip !!!  (might as well just have a bag packed and ready to go)

Hotel Kits!
I now have a Mac Air laptop so can get emails after I retire or even before.....

Will send you an email so you have it..  if you want..(I think that is correct)  Just got my internet connect yesterday.

Have fun while away and of course I would like pics of your goings and comings along the way!!!  Say HI to Cora Lee for me and hope she survives the packing scene prior to the ride to the airport!!  All the Best and Chat later gater! JWo.


Hotel Kits!
No never send you packing - who would feed me and make me laugh??  

Hi Sylvia: Wayne and I decided not to go this year . Without Patricks, the folk festival is not nearly as much fun!! Who else would get up at the crack of dawn to walk no running please , to get the desirable center stage location! Hope you have a fabulous time. Michele

Aloha Patrick... Oh my gosh.... talk about b-u-s-y... you are!!! ... but fun!!!

It is truly "peeps" like yourselves who make what we do so worthwhile and heartfelt! Thank you for the very kind review and helping us to build our business. We SO enjoy it and look forward to the day we have enough business to be able to take a day or 2 off each week. 

Right now we are working every moment in preparing our home/yard for an August wedding for  a great-niece.. it will be some family re-union besides.. there's many Henken's!! Our bride has a guest list that she is trying to keep at 200... (family only) between the 2 sides! Yikes! We are feeling a little under the gun as the weather took awhile to co-operate, but we are on a roll for sure now!

Enjoy your vacation time... sounds beyond w-o-n-d-e-r-f-u-l !!! Good for you!

All the best, safe travels...Bright Blessings, Velma & Ernie :-)

Patrick,

We were happy to do some small thing to help you as you are always doing something for us.  Your pictures were very good and I will share the one of us and Chloe with Jeff and Stacee. Have a great trip and hopefully we will see you and Corinne when you return in October.  Cheers, Dawn

Hi Patrick, Great Canada Day pictures, thanks.  Hope final travel arrangements are all made and you get off safey. Peter

Hi again again, I meant to tell you that I too have a Trek Madone! Mine is a Madone 4.5, 2013, WSD (women specific design) sleek black and steel grey. I love it. I got it at Westpoint Cycles. Also did some indoor spin/training classes at Westpoint over the winter - was really good for getting out of the gate quickly when Spring started to arrive. Next spring, consider riding the Pacific Populaire - April 1 - 50 or 100km - starting from Nat Bailey and out to Richmond - you know the route already. It's a fun ride low key, cheap, and organized by the same folks as did the Canada Day Populaire.
 

All the best. Think of me at least once, please, while you are in Languedoc - Viognier is my fave wine these days. Best, Sara

Hello there Patrizio! Just trying out my new Mac Air  and giving out my new email address…Hope you get this while you are away.  Hi to Cora Lee! Cheers! JWo

P, Just let me know when you want to be picked up and I will plan around it. W


Zoe Beavis is now Senior Program Assistant at The University of British Columbia


Trek Summer Bike Giveaway

You want a Trek Madone in bright green and orange? Or maybe in blue and pink? It's your choice. We're giving away three Project One configured bikes during the Trek Summer Bike Giveaway.
Enter to win now!
West Point Cycles
3771 West 10th. Ave.
Vancouver, V6R 2G5
http://www.westpointcycles.com
Hi Lads:  Please pick up my pink bike when I win. Cheers, Il Conduttore!






 



No comments:

Post a Comment