Sunday 18 August 2013

Blackwater Blues: Sunday, August 18th, Chloë's 37th Birthday!

Men are often capable of greater things than they perform. They are sent into the world with bills of credit, and seldom draw to their full extent. -Horace Walpole, novelist and essayist (1717-1797) 

Chloë Alexis!

Great start to the day, hot yoga then JJ for my caffeine fix, next up a Canadians game!!!!
Patrick, I hope Corinne and you are still enjoying your life in Cornwall.  I was just reading about some of my ancestors and I got sidetracked to a part of Cornwall's history.  Could you find out any references to the "Prayer Book Rebellion" in Cornwall and Devon?  A goodly number of my ancestors are from Devon.  I then started reading about Exeter, and it mentioned the rebellion. Best wishes, Mike

Nat Bailey!
Chloe Alexis Dunn: Nooner, the ball kind, still sounds dirty!!! Happy Birthday to me-

Drove The Sisterhood to St Ives  today to return to scribe and cycle. They took train/bus back and we arrived at Sydney House within minutes of each other. Dinner of  Thai noodles and sausage/zucchini, coconut milk green curry and then first to episodes of Game of Thrones! I'm now a convert! Ayn's Maltesers for dessert for some, a wee dram of Macallan for others!

Hi Gudrun, Ayn arrived a bit late as train was stopped for accident. We had lovely time at the Cornwall Design Fair near Penzance yesterday despite the rain. Off to St. Ives today.
We really enjoyed Thursday as well. Thanks to you for suggesting it. Back is getting better. Hope you manage to have some relaxation amid the sad occasion of your trip.See you when you return,Best Corinne

Hill Climbing Day:

http://connect.garmin.com/activity/361132051#.UhER_5J8SM4.email

Dear Patrick, Hope you and Corinne are enjoying Cornwall.  A beautiful part of the UK although can be rather busy during the summer holiday season I believe.  Andre told me you are probably coming to stay on or around Saturday 12th for a few days.  Could you please confirm your planned dates since I have to organise help closing up the house for the winter and our journey back to the UK as soon as you leave.  Andre heads home-wards from London Heathrow on Monday 21st and I sadly have to go to work.  Many thanks. Best wishes, Rosemary XXX 

Thanks so much for the card - hard to believe it was 15 years ago... I have a note from Pat bringing us up to speed on your European trip - sounds lovely. It has been far too long since we were over there. When we return the kids, of course, will accompany so that complicates matters a bit, but it's all about timing. Hope all is well with you, we look forward to your return and hearing all about the trip.

Take care, -Alastair and Kirsten (15 years along) 













No comments:

Post a Comment