Tuesday 10 December 2013

Loft Desk Blues: Tuesday, December 10th

Learning is weightless, a treasure you can always carry easily. -Chinese proverb



Our Aunt Leah's Tree. Send a pic of your AL's tree. Got ours at the Granville & 54th lot. Great selection of trees at their 4 lots.

Patrick James Dunn What about the Xmas Elf who had to spend an inordinate amount of time, with a blunt saw, cutting trunk to fit stand?
Happy Christmas, Charlie Brown!

Chloe Alexis Dunn My tree made Facebook!!!

Chloe Alexis Dunn all thanks to you and mom for putting it up and to Katie Maness for helping to decorate!!

Hi Lads and Tinsel Town/Aunt Leah's!

The attached picture was sent to me by Big Al 

The Enforcer,  (Note that rider has his helmet attached to his backpack. Cora Lee was not fussed at all about this. 

She was far more concerned that his tie matched his tires!), after I informed him that I had received a cell phone for one of my birthday presents. I said :"Just need to learn how to text while riding! At least I will have the ability to call someone when I run into something while so distracted!" Now I really will have to keep my wits about me, worrying about the Burning Ground AND texting. Please do not forward this message to Admiral Barnacle as he already has enough ammunition to harass me with over what I consider to be a very reasonable approach to the fine art of dipsy-doodling! Cheers, Patrizzio!
 

Now that’s what I call a catch 22!
PS: Now that I think upon it, I believe that this "gift" is actually part of a complex, sinister plan on the part of The Sisterhood to do me in, one way or another, under the disingenuous guise of caring about my welfare!

Sent from my Doro PhoneEasy 620 riding backwards over the Lions Gate,
while it was snowing, on the wrong side of the bridge, without a helmet but nevertheless jauntily attired in Stanfield's vintage long-johns with fetching paint smears and Swiss cheese holes, the new Grunge cycling Look, only available at MEC/Evans and better biking stores everywhere! Xmas Special: Buy two pairs and receive a free camel pack with a litre of the malt of your choice. Hurry, offer expires soon!!!
  
Hi Catch 22 Man!

I sent the great biking/texting shot to Robo Man and Whirlygig. Thanks and Cheers, Patrizzio



Nelson Mandela, the first black president of South Africa died on December 5th, he was 95. He was a political prisoner for 27 years, an anti-apartheid hero, and fathered a new South African state. That's at least how we describe him. To hear Nelson Mandela tell his story, listen to The Mandela Tapes, where in his own words he describes his 'Long Walk to Freedom': http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/themandelatapes/
 

Hello Wetherby and Blackwater!

Trust you fitted your bikes tires with chains, given, I gather, your weather of late. Certainly need them here. Hope all goes well with everyone.

At any rate, I sent the great biking/texting shot to other cycling mates after I received a mobile for Dummies as one of my 66th birthday presents.
Cora Lee claimed that she was very concerned that I might have a flat or an accidento on way to Horseshoe Bay or Box Canyon Road or York or St Agnes, per esempio. Fondestos to you both and to your lovely, long-suffering wives! (Funny how it is the same on both sides of the Atlantic!) Cheers, Patrizzio!



Dad on his new cell phone!!! But don't get too excited it's a flip phone, but still it's a start!! And he texts!!

  • Ayn P He's so cool! ! Lol
  • Ryan Sutherland Is he going to start texting the diaries?
  • Chloe Alexis Dunn If he texted the diaries, at least it would take longer and less of them would be sent.....

This is what you should have had for your birthday rather than the cell phone. Perhaps we could have chanelled in your favourite malts:


Pat, Happy 66th! It looks as though we're on a downward spiral with the introduction of another cell phone into the peleton. Maybe it will be a new Porsch next - King of Versailles in the making? Ray

Gentlemen!  (Señores)

I insist the incriminating photo be send to me immediately and without delay!  There is no such thing as "to much" evidence.  My program of harassment has purpose and it is for El Conductoré's best interests.



As for his concern re: a sinister plot by the sisterhood, I believe the attached Dilbert episode will close that issue. Branko [*] No habrá paz para los malvados [*]

P, If the sisterhood really cared about your well being on the road they would have given you the latest iPhone which would have allowed you to have sister Siri ride with you. She would provide not only constant and intelligent company, but hands free dictation of the diaries. The Garmin ride stats could even have a full sound track -- maybe laugh track too. 



I favour the idea of an NRBC gathering on the island -- partly because attendance would likely be limited to you and me. I sent a note to the Smoker to get his take on the island meeting. I think we may need him for logistics and smoke signals over Discovery Bay. He may be on a whirlwind trip (10 days there and back with four people in the Hybrid) to California at this time. W
 
Please VOTE for STORIES WE TELL!!

It would be most exciting to see this terrific movie win a nomination
for the Oscars.   It has already been short listed.
My personal interest in this nomination is the fact that Rebecca Jenkins
has an important role as Sarah Polley's mother in the movie.  Rebecca is
Joel Bakan's (my son-in-law)  wife and my friend.  Please vote !!!!!!!!!
By winning this prize this would be a brilliant the buzz going for the film before the Oscars and the people across the States voting for Stories We Tell.


The race is on!!!!  Please circulate widely http://www.cinemaeyehonors.com/archives/press/cinema-eye-launches-voting
-for-2014-audience-choice-prize xoxoxo  Rebecca

 


  • Patrick James Dunn Hi Dottore! Thanks for birthday wishes! Wish we could have connected this past summer/fall. Time for you to return to Vancouver. Fondestos, Patrizzio!
    Margareta Maunsbach I agree. Don't worry - I'll be back
  • Patrick James Dunn Finally, a commitment
  • Margareta Maunsbach I guess so
    • Patrick James Dunn Hi Pedrito! Thanks for birthday wishes. How is your wine cellar coming along now that you have access to unlimited quantities of stellar Sauvignon Blanc? Cheers, Patrizzio!
    • Peter Edwards It's starting to look pretty good! There are some nice Pinot noirs as well - I am starting to acquire a taste for it. Enjoying the riesling too! You'll have to make the journey this way soon...
       
      Our Aunt Leah's Tree. Send a pic of your AL's tree. Got ours at the Granville & 54th lot. Great selection of trees at their 4 lots.
      • Patrick James Dunn What about the Xmas Elf who had to spend an inordinate amount of time, with a blunt saw, cutting trunk to fit stand?

      • Douglas Jameson Um... Patricio, the lovely volunteer staff at Aunt Leah's will do it for you at the lot.
       

No comments:

Post a Comment