Sunday 16 June 2013

The Sunshine Valley Diaries: Sunday, June 16th

Those who cannot forgive others break the bridge over which they themselves must pass. -Confucius, philosopher and teacher (c. 551-478 BCE) 


I made this for the fam for dinner. Yum!!!!
Hi All, Henning arrived yesterday. Happy Father’s Day! Laura :)

Hi Laura!


Glad to learn that Henning is back in Vancouver! We just dined on a wonderful Indian meal, (salmon curry, rice, lentils and a very spicy yogurt raita, (tomatoe, cucumber, red onion, green chiliis, ginger and yogurt), all prepared by Chloë. Absolutely delish! Crème brûlée, from Stewart's at Granville Island, for dessert so treated royally for Father's Day! Thanks for your wishes!

Please pass along our regards to Henning. Thanks for his cell phone number. We will give him a call and try to arrange a time to see him and you, Laura. We leave Vancouver on July 10th for London,
so hope our schedules will fit beforehand. Fondestos and Cheers, Patrizzio!


Poppa and Chloe Dunn!
Chloe Alexis Dunn Happy Father's Day Daddio O!!!! Love you so very much!! Hope the Indian feast I'm making you actually tastes good!!! 


Hi Ayn! First message somehow connected with an incorrect address even though I have the one above in my address book! Thanks for the call. Love, Dad! PS: Chloë gave me a gas mask for Father's Day!

P, Happy Fathers Day. Sorry I missed your call - was on the way to VRC for a match - summer squash when the court is stifling ando the ball behaves like a racquetball.

Let me know when and if bridge is in the offing this week. I may be able to ride tomorrow. Let me know what you had in mind. W


Hi Giorgio!

Did you make it to Squamish? I gather you may well not have done so, given that you were playing squash.

We had a simply wonderful time with Colleen and Big Al. Much to tell about their more than terrific place in Sunshine Valley. Only a short 10 K, round trip, from their place to Lookout for Hope Slide. Wanted to ride from there to Bridal Falls but Cora Lee was volunteering for Aunt Leah's at Car Free Day on Main and Broadway this afternoon so timing simply wouldn't work. Ride the other way will be very, very challenging but would really like to try it. Probably not until November now but if weather cooperates, something to keep in mind. You'd love it up there and they would like you and Kerry and Tia Maria for a weekend.


Sarge can play on either Tuesday or Wednesday. Which evening suits you? Last night we played a few introductory hands with C/A. Colleen has very, very good card sense and she'll be playing well in no time if she continues to follow game. I'll invite her to join us when she is free and she can play the hands, until she is comfortable, while I, or someone else, helps her.

I'd like to go for a longish ride tomorrow. I'm able to leave at most any time so let me know your preference about departure. If all the same to you, perhaps an up-and-over and then I'll head out to UBC afterwards unless you have another idea. Cheers, Il Conduttore! 


Combined ride: 31.4 K over 2:17:39, (44 minutes for Hope Slide), 13.6 KPH, (walking bike at Car Free, down Main from Broadway to 21st), 47.6 KPH, (old Hope Princeton Highway)


Hi David! Thanks very much. Cheers, Patrizzio!

  • Patrick James Dunn Vampire with Werewolf!
    Ayn P 
    Happy Father's Day to the man who took me on when he fell in love with my Mom Patrick Dunn, to Mel Prince for making two wonderful sons with me who bring me joy and happiness each day and to John Vogt for giving me life!


Thank you, Janet, for creating such a beautiful web based photo gallery. And thank you too for initiating the effort to re-connect and renew our relationships-my family enjoyed the evening. You have to remember, getting a bunch of youngsters enjoy an evening with adults is very hard to do, but mine enjoyed it- thank you Patrick for making it very enjoyable one.


Yes, thank you Corinne and Patrick for hosting such a beautiful evening- the food was delicious- I think I ate too much. Janet, the cake was delicious too- even Selam was tempted at one point. It was great to see all of you, and do hope to see you soon. She was awed with your hospitality and was fascinated with the size of your bed room. Aminat giggles on the inside, and she was entertained by Patrick, and she had fun. Selam and me can't hide our smiles, even if we try hard- check the pics.

Enjoy your trip, Patrick. May be after your return from your trip, you should visit me on the Drive- nice food, coffee places, ....Once again, on behalf of my family, thank you all for a wonderful evening. Eyob
 


Hi, Patrick and Eyob: What a wonderful get-together on Friday evening . . . thank you, Patrick and Corinne, for hosting us all. And Eyob - it was lovely to see Shewa again, and to meet your beautiful daughters for the first time.   (Also, the quinoa salad was delicious!)  Too bad  we missed Reem . . . but another time, as  I hope that it won't be another 20+ years until we all meet again.

I have created a small web gallery to commemorate the occasion - hope you enjoy the photos.   This is an easy way to share a large number of photos.  However, you can't click-and-save the images individually, so if there are any that you would particularly like, send the number and I'll be happy to forward the photo(s) for saving, sharing, printing - whatever!

Thanks again for a great time.  Enduring (revived) bonds of friendship are something to  be celebrated and valued - a cliche, I know, but true! Love, Janet 

No comments:

Post a Comment